Base Item type is mandatory for creating New Item type in Sales Order. However, no items found for Base Item type in Sales Order
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview Work Center View.
- Fine Tuning Activity.
- Search and Open Sales Order.
- Maintain Item Types hyperlink.
- No entry of item type seen.
- Click on Add Row button
- Enter the Item Type: ZTAN and Description: Standard Item.
- Click on Drop down option of Base Item Type.
- Drop down options for the Base Item Type does not exist.
- Click Save.
Error witnessed "Save Failed. Enter a value for mandatory field base item type ZTAN in".
Scoping element "Sell-from-Stock" is "Not In Scope". The Sell Standard Products business topic allows you to sell products. This is a prerequisite to have products in sales orders and to create new item types for sales orders.
To enable sell of products, activate "Sell Standard Products" in project scope. This allows base item types in the fine tuning activity for sales order.
Activation can be done using following steps :-
- Navigate to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects.
- Select the Project and choose Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the 4th step - Questions.
- Expand Sales and select the Product and Service Portfolio for Sales option.
- Select Sell Standard Products option.
- You will find a question in section Sell-from-Stock (1).
- You will be able to sell products.
Base Item type, No Items, New Item type, Sales Order, ZTAN , KBA , sales order, finettuning, , base item type, no items, new item type , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , LOD-LE-XCR , Cross CRM , Problem