When drilling in one chart that is configured for linked analysis and then try to drill up in another linked chart the drill up is not working.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.09.01
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story with a multiple charts set for story level linked analysis.
- Add some filters to charts.
- Configure the chart to hide filter details.
- Now try drilling down in one chart then drilling up in another.
1. The reason why it looks like linked analysis isn't working the way is intended is because the charts are configured to hide some important chart filtering details (by default we show them). You can show them again by clicking on ... on the chart and (Show/Hide->Chart Details-> Filter) show them again and it will reveal that after the first drill, filters are applied on the other charts. Once the filter details are visible again, it will be possible for users to delete that filter to restore the original state of the affected charts.
2. An alternative suggestion is to have a page input control on the hierarchy that is being drilled on and having users it first by clicking on that page input control and then change the drill level in the chart using the drill token.
3. The third option proposed is to hide the chart details, and expose the drill level on the charts. Users would then navigate through the hierarchy using the drill levels, rather than selecting a datapoint and drilling through that way.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem