The following error message occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) when creating an import connection:
SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is required. Please refer to the user guide for installation steps.
- Error in tomcat logs: "could not locate connection server jco epmdispatcherservlet"
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- SAP Java Connector (SAP JCO)
- SAP Cloud Connector
- SAC Cloud Agent
Reproducing the Issue
- Install the SAP Cloud Connector (scc)
- Deploy the SAC Cloud Agent on the tomcat provided by scc
- Copy the Jco libraries to the lib folder of the tomcat provided by scc
SAP Cloud Connector (scc) provides an embedded tomcat webapp server for it's own use.
The SAC Cloud Agent has to be deployed into a separate tomcat instance, and cannot be deployed in the webapps folder within the scc directory.
The JCO libraries have to be on the lib folder of this separate tomcat instance
The user that starts this separate tomcat instance has to have the correct rights to read the JCO libraries on the lib folder
- Download and install Tomcat from Apache.org
- Deploy the SAC Cloud Agent webapp "C4A_AGENT.war" to this tomcat
- Copy the JCO libraries to the lib folder of this tomcat
- Make sure that write permissions are set on these files
Windows: The user that starts the separate tomcat has to have the same folder and files permissions on the jco files as the rights of the rest of the lib folder
(Right-click the lib folder and ensure all the permissions and rights are the same on the content of "lib")
Linux/Unix: The user that starts the separate tomcat has to have the same folder and files permissions on the jco files as the rights of the rest of the lib folder
(do an "ls -lrt" on the "lib" folder content and with "chmod +r +w +e ...sapjcofiles..." ensure the jco from Step 3. have the same rights)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , Problem