You are canceling an Invoice with the Tax Country Spain. The Invoice ID of the Cancellation Invoice is not the expected one.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select Invoice XYZ (XYZ represents the invoice ID).
- Click on the Cancel button.
- Click on the Save button.
- The Invoice ID of the Cancellation Invoice is not the expected one.
Due to a legal requirement for the country Spain the Document Numbering logic for Cancellation Invoices was changed with release 2005.
Previously the Cancellation Invoice would have used the same document numbering rule as the Invoice and there was no option to maintain a separate numbering range for a Cancellation Invoice.
With release 2005, a separate Numbering Range has been introduced for Country Spain and Invoice Type Cancellation.
If you have not maintained a numbering rule for the Invoice Type Cancellation Invoice the system will not as in the previous releases use the numbering Range for the Document Type Invoice but the system will use the Global numbering rule.
You can maintain a numbering rule for Tax Country Spain and Invoice Type Cancellation Invoice as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your project and click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Open the fine tuning activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Click on the Define document numbering formats for other countries hyperlink.
- Click on the Add Row button and select the respective Company.
- Select the Tax Country Spain, select the Document Type Cancellation Invoice and maintained the prefix and other relevant data.
- Save you changes.
Document Numbering; Cancellation Invoice; Spain; Document numbering rule; Invoice ID; wrong; Prefix; , KBA , AP-CI-CI-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem