You opened the standard data source Opportunity Item and selected Opportunity ID ABC. Now you get two error messages when running the data source for this opportunity.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Data Sources.
- Show all and open the Preview for standard data source Opportunity Item (ID CODOPPIB).
- Enter ABC for the characteristic Opportunity ID and run the data source (ABC stands for the Opportunity ID you would like to check).
- You will receive the error messages 'Value ABC not valid for variable Opportunity ID' and 'Check your variable selections'.
For the Opportunity ID ABC there is no item maintained hence it cannot appear in the Opportunity Item data source. If you enter the Opportunity ID for an Opportunity that does not have any item the system shows the above error messages.
In order to show the Opportunity ID ABC in a data source please use the standard data source Opporunity Header (technical ID CODOPPH). Here you can show opportunities even if no product is maintained.
To check if there is any item maintained please go to the work center Sales and the view Opportunities. Open the Opportunity ABC and go to the tab Products. No product is shown. If you add a product you will be able to see the opportunity in the Opportunity Item data source.
Further information on the characteristics Item Created By and Item Changed By:
- Item Created By shows the user, who created the item, i.e. who added the item to the opportunity.
- Item Changed By shows the user, who changed the item the last time.
Opportunity Item; value not valid for variable Opportunity ID; error message in standard data source , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , LOD-LE-OPP , Opportunity processing , How To