The Business Task Customer Returns are not visible under the Open Tasks in the Returns view.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Returns view.
- In the Show field select Open Tasks.
No open Tasks are visible
- There are no open inconsistent Returns in the system.
- Your Business User is not the Employee Responsible of the inconsistent Return.
The task is only created if the employee is required to rework a customer return because of missing and/or incorrect data. For example, the distribution channel or sales organization has not been maintained, or the employee responsible for entering the goods returned by the customer into the system has not assigned or incorrectly assigned a reference document (sales order or customer invoice) to a customer return item. In such cases, the status of the customer return is inconsistent, and the system automatically sends a task to the relevant employee responsible of the customer return. In addition, the message area of the customer return contains one or more error messages preceded by red exclamation marks.
The system uses a person-based responsibility rule to determine the recipient of this task. This means that the task is always assigned to a particular user (in this case, the employee responsible for the customer return). Since a return must be consistent, it is not possible to deactivate the customer returns process in business configuration.
Therefore, these results are only displayed in the Open Tasks of the Returns view for the user they are assigned to as the Person Responsible of the task.
You can check the open tasks for all users as follows:
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Business Task Management view.
- In the drop-down field select All Items.
- Open the Advance Filter.
- Enter the following:
- Status: New and In Process (via the more Filter).
- Business Document Type: Customer Return.
- Process: Returns Exception Handling.
- Click on the Go button.
- All open Task – Complete Customer Return are displayed.
- In the details of the Task you can see the Person Responsible to whom the task is assigned to.
Please see also Help Center Document: Task – Complete Customer Return
BTM Task; Return; open; , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , AP-CRP-CR , Customer Return , Problem