When attempting to display data in a Chart widget, which has data from more than one currency, these values are aggregated, showing a "*", causing the Chart widget to show misleading entries in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When displaying the same data in a Table, a diagonal strikethrough "/" is displayed in the corresponding Table cell.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.2.12
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Navigate to Browse > Files
- Open a Story based on a Model which contains values from multiple currencies
- Observe that data values are aggregated on a Chart
This issue is currently behaviour by design and deliberately different in how aggregation of currency (or any mix of currency or units in SAC) is represented between Charts and Table. Tables are strictly showing textual values and so the diagonal strikethrough is used to represent this and also distinguish it from null (which uses "-"). However, in the Chart case, when dealing with a visual representation (that does include labels), the expected behaviour is to:
- Show the value on the chart (not suppress it) as that could be construed as being a null value
- In the subtitle, show *, as displayed in the screenshot.
- In the hover tooltip of an aggregated currency/unit, show * as well (in case the chart details has more than 2 mixed units and results in showing "currency 1, currency 2 and others".)
An enhancement request has been created, if you would like to see changes to this functionality, please vote or comment below;
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem