You are aware that an employee has submitted a leave request for approval, but the Managing My Area work center shows no tasks to be approved.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Requester goes to the Home Work Center.
- Go to the Self Services List View.
- Go to the New Leave Request and confirm.
- Approver goes to the Managing My Area Work Center and notices there is no Approval Task seen in the screen.
You need to be sure that the approver is the approval manager for the requester in the reporting line structure and check if the Leave Request Task question is scoped in the system.
To enable the Leave Request Task Question, you need to follow below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Implementation Projects.
- Select the First Implementation project.
- Click the Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to step 4 - Questions.
- Expand the Human Resources scoping element, then Time Administration.
- Select the Approval option.
- Enable scoping question "Would you like to send an explicit approval task for a leave request to the manager?"
- Click Next to navigate to step 5 - Review.
- Click Finish.
Approval, Leave Request, Request, Managing My Area , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To