System assigns wrong Production Model when a production proposal is created. The system assigns source of supply for the proposal as production model ABC, but you expect the system to assign source of supply XYZ.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning work center.
- Navigate to the Common Tasks view and choose the option New Planning Proposal.
- In the New Planning Proposal screen, enter the relevant information to create a proposal.
You can see that the system assigns source of supply as production model ABC, but you expect the system to assign source of supply XYZ.
- The system calculates Production Start Date based on the duration maintained in the production models.
- The production model ABC and XYZ has two different Valid From dates.
- The Valid From date of XYZ, the model you expect the system to pick up is on a date after the production start date and hence the system identifies XYZ as a production model which is not valid for this particular production. For example the production starts on 10th May 2020, but the production model is valid from 11th May 2020.
You can choose to
- Change the Valid From date of the production model XYZ.
- Adjust the Availability Date of the output product so that the production start date is calculated to a date on or after the Valid From date of the production model XYZ.
- Continue using the production model ABC for the current production scenario.
source of supply wrong, production process has wrong source of supply, ByD, ByDesign, system picks up wrong production model, expected production model is picked up by the system, production model wrong production proposal , KBA , source of supply wrong , production process has wrong source , byd, bydesign , system picks up wrong production model , expected production model is not picked , AP-SDM-PPO , Production Planning Order , Problem