You have requested vacation, which has been approved by your manager, but then you have decided to cancel the leave. The status of your request is 'Cancellation in Approval'. You are not sure if the cancellation is already calculated by the system and reflected in the time account balance, before the actual approval of the cancellation is completed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Time Administration work center
2. Navigate to the Employee view
3. Search and Edit an Employee
4. Go to the Time Account Balances tab
5. The balance for vacation is the same as it was before your vacation request
If a leave request is recorded and is ‘In Approval’ status, then the time account balance is deducted by the quantity of time required for the absence. If the leave request is then canceled and has the status of 'Cancellation In Approval', then the time account balance is adjusted to add back the leave quantity.
The assumption is that the leave will get approved or the cancellation will get approved, so the time account balances reflect the balance as if the approval has been actioned.
- Opening time account balance – 100 Days
- Book leave 24.4.2020 (In Approval) - 99 Days
- Approve the leave on 24.4.2020 - 99 Days
- Cancel the leave on 24.4.2020 (Cancellation in Approval ) - 100 Days
Cancellation of leave, Cancellation in Approval, Urlaub storniert, vacation , KBA , PT-RC , Time Data Recording and Management , Problem