When you built a report you may see that few values are appearing as # or empty you wanted to know which data source is causing this issue.
SAP Business ByDesign
Custom report is based on standard data source but standard data source does not display the results ,the reason for the same is explained below
Let me explain with example field "purchase request ID" that has value # or empty in your report against few Purchase orders where
The report xxx is a customized report that is based on customized data source YY
- The report xxx is a customized report . that is based on customized data source YY
- Go to Business analytics work center-> data sources view and select data source yy and click on edit.
- Go to Joined data sources tab and then go to "Add from" option and choose each data source one at a time to find the field "Purchase request ID"
- You will see that "Purchase request Id "is coming from data source ZZ
- repeat the step 2 and 3
- You will see that "Purchase request Id "is coming from data source SRMPO_U01
- Go to Business analytics work center-> data sources view and select data source SRMPO_U01, but edit option is grayed out
- This data source SRMPO_U01 is standard data source and a combined data source.
- Go to Business analytics work center-> data sources view and select data source SRMPO_U01and then scroll to right and click on documentation link.
- You will see that data source type is "Combined" and thus if you scroll down you will find the list of all data sources combined under "Involved data sources".
- then scroll down to Element mapping, were you will see that there are various columns for each data sources Involved.
- Find the field you are using that is "purchase request ID" , then check under which column the field is appearing.
- Here the fields"Purchase request ID" appears under column"Purchase Order Items without Follow-Up Documents- SRMPO_B08"
- That means that the value of this field Purchase request ID comes from that data source:SRMPO_B08.
- Go to Business analytics work center-> data sources view and select data source SRMPO_B08
- You cannot find the Data source SRMPO_B08 in data sources, so you cannot check where it gives you the results of the filed Purchase request ID or not .
- Thus you just have to understand based on the description of the data source that is""Purchase Order Items without Follow-Up Documents"
- which means data source"Purchase Order Items without Follow-Up Documents" only shows the Purchase orders without any follow up documents.
- So purchas eorders with status - finished( it has follow up documents) and PO status - follow up document created has no purchase request ID visible in your report
- You have to use different data source like SRMPO_B12 instead of SRMPO_U01.
- Go to Business analytics work center-> data sources view and select data source SRMPO_B12 and click on preview to ensure it gives you result of the field as expected
so while joining data sources ensure that each data source will give you desired results in the preview for the fields as required.
You can check the fields and their data sources in this below link
Joined data sources, customized data sources , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Problem