A document, for example a Supplier Invoice or Goods and Services Receipt appears as Unposted Source Document ABC (ABC represents the document ID) with the error message:
"Profit center BBB (BBB represents a Profit Center number) not allowed for company AAA (AAA represents the Company ID)"
You do not understand why the system picks the Profit Center BBB. You expect to have the Profit Center of company AAA.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger workcenter.
- Go to the Source Document view.
- Search for the document ABC.
You can see the error message "Profit center BBB not allowed for company AAA".
The document is created from a Purchase Order (PO). The system tries to derive a profit center based on the data provided in the PO/Supplier Invoice. As there is no cost center specified in the PO, Accounting needs to select fall-back data. In this case, the Ship-To Party ZZZ (ZZZ represents a Partner Account) is used, which belongs to Company BBB rather than AAA.
This way, the profit center derived actually doesn't belong to the buying company of Invoice/Goods receipt. But for this company there is no Default Profit Center specified in Fine Tuning.
- In the Business Configuration workcenter access the Profit Center Derivation Fine-Tune activity.
- Under Default Profit Center select the Enter Default Profit Center link.
- In the new screen maintain a Profit Center for Company BBB.
After this, you can post the Source Document:
- In the General Ledger Source Documents view select Source Document ABC and press Actions - Post Business Transaction.
Profit Center, Error message, Source Document, Profit Center Derivation , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO , Financials Globalization , Problem