You want to integrate an external resource management system with your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system, and want to understand the effects before activating this using the configuration Maintain Settings for Planning. It is assumed that the external resource management system creates staffing assignments for projects in your professional service business.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
When you activate integration with an external resource management system, the following behavior is expected:
- In the Plan Customer Projects and Plan Internal Projects apps
Project managers will be able to plan and request a person. However, staffing assignments must be made from the external system only.
- Exchange of information related to project staffing must be established by setting up a communication arrangement for the Commercial Project - Create, Update API. You may use the following entities for this purpose:
- Resource Demands
- Resource Demand Distribution
- Resource Supplies
- Resource Supply Distribution
For more information about the API, see https://api.sap.com and search for Commercial Project - Create, Update in the collection for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- In the respective apps and entities, information such as planned cost and planned revenue is with reference to the resource demand and resource supply respectively. For a resource demand, the planned cost and revenue is based on the respective rates for the role. Whereas for a resource supply, the planned cost and revenue is based on respective rates for the staffed person.
external resource management, activate, API, Plan customer projects, plan internal projects , KBA , CA-CPD-SS , S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud - CPM , Product Enhancement