When you create a Purchase Order with reference to a Service Purchase Contract the Product Type Group '2' is not copied. The system defaults the Material Product Type Group '1'.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the app 'Manage Purchase Contracts'.
- Select the Service Purchase Contract with the Product Type Group = '2'.
- Choose > Create Purchase Order.
- The system navigates to the APP 'Manage Purchase Orders'.
- In the "Items" tab the Product Type Group is set to '1'.
Standard System Bahaviour.
The Product Type Group is only copied to a Purchase order item under the following conditions.
- If the reference item has a Material number the system will take the product type group from the Material Master Data (table T134)
- If the reference document item is a Purchase Order, the product type group will be copied from the reference item.
- If the reference document item is a Purchase Requisition, the product type group will be copied from the reference item.
In all other cases the system defaults a value of '1'. So if you have a service contract without a material number the system will default '1'.
Create service contracts with a real service material (Material Type SERV). Items with no material will default '1'.
The user can set it manually at any time during the PO creation in the APP or in the advanced webgui tile. (ME21n)
Note: The functionality to copy the product type group from a contract will be introduced as a feature request in a future release. (It is not currently possible to specify which release).
MTART, SERV, producttypegroup, service, T134, LMEPOF6G, create with reference, KONNR, MEPO_ITEM_FILL_PRODUCTTYPE, CL_I_A_CFRFDOC_PURCHASEORDERTPCP , KBA , MM-FIO-PUR-PO , Fiori UI for Purchase Orders , MM-FIO-PUR-SQ-CON , Fiori UI for Manage Purchase Contracts , Problem