You have a Sales Order with Externally Fulfilled items which you expect the status to be Completed, however, it is still In Process.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order ABC (ABC represents the Sales Order number).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
You notice that for one or more of the Items with External Fulfillment, the delivery status is still In Process.
- Navigate to the Document Flow tab.
You notice that Purchase Order DEF (DEF represents the Purchase Order number) has been created, but no Third-Party Delivery Notification is present.
For a Sales Order to be Completed, you need to have both Fulfillment and Invoicing statuses as Completed.
In this case, the Third Party Delivery Notification will allow the Fulfillment to be completed, and also allow you to proceed with Invoicing of the document in order to complete the Invoicing status.
- Navigate to the Third-Party Order Fulfillment work center.
- Open the Third-Party Purchase Orders view.
- Select Purchase Order DEF.
- Click the New Third-Party Delivery Notification button.
- Provide the necessary information.
- Click Check Consistency to check that the details of the delivery notification are consistent with the corresponding Purchase Order.
- Once the consistency status is consistent, click Release.
reference KBA:2852086 - Third party Inter Company Scenario
Sales Order, Purchase Order, Third-Party, Fulfillment , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To