You are using a two step Logistics Model for receiving and you noticed that after you have confirmed the Unload task the Delivery Status of the corresponding Inbound Delivery has been changed to Finished.
You expect this status to be changed only after the Put-Away task has also been confirmed.
Furthermore, the corresponding Warehouse Request and Warehouse Order are both in a Started state (instead of Finished).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Inbound Logistics.
- Select the view Inbound Deliveries.
- Show All Inbound Deliveries By Selection.
- Find the Inbound Delivery ABC (ABC represents the exact ID of the document).
- Select it and click the button Edit.
- You can see in the top left corner of the screen that the Delivery Status is Finished.
- Navigate to the tab Document Flow.
- Show Extended View.
- Click on the anchor symbol displayed at the bottom of the Warehouse Order box.
Result: You will see that the Put-Away task DEF (DEF represents the exact ID of the task) is Not Started. However, the Inbound Delivery ABC is Released.
This is a Procure to Pay scenario where Inbound Delivery is released but Warehouse Order and Warehouse Request are still in Started state. The Inbound Delivery is released based on Unload Task Confirmation and without Put away task confirmation, which is the expected behavior.
Since you are using a two step model for a standard inbound process, the Warehouse Request and Warehouse Order are expected to be in status Started only until the Put-Away task is complete.
(Execution process completes with the finish of the Put-Away task and then only the statuses of the Warehouse Request and Warehouse Order change to Finished)
This is the expected behavior for a two step Logistics Model.
Furthermore, in the two step model, the Inbound Delivery gets released when the Unload Task is confirmed.
This is the expected behaviour of the system.
inbound delivery, finished, put away task, not confirmed, , KBA , unload task the delivery status , two step logistics model , AP-IDP-CID , Confirmed Inbound Delivery , How To