You observe that Production Proposals are sometimes "Firmed By System" and sometimes not. You want to know why does this happen.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Supply Planning.
- Select the view Resource Load.
- Show All Resource Loads By Selection.
- Find XYZ (XYZ represents the Resource ID).
- Click the button Open.
- Under the section Details (of Resource Load tab, sub-tab Load Table) you will see that there are Production Proposals with status "Firmed By System".
Generally, the manually created (by user) Proposals are firmed and the ones create by MRP Run are not firmed.
However, the status "Firmed By System" applies for those Proposals where the Availability Date is earlier than the Planning Time Fence Period. In such cases the respective Proposal will be set to "Firmed By System" at Resource Load.
Planning Time Fence Period = System Date + Planning Time Fence (defined in the material's Master Data).
The system works as designed and this is the expected behaviour.
production proposal, firmed by system, resource load , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To