- ASE using a sub-capacity license was migrated to new hardware
- Generate and set the new SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY to an environment variable, and start ASE
- Receive following error and ASE fail to boot
kernel SySAM: The SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY licensing capacity setting is not intended for this system. This machine partition or virtual machine does not appear to be part of the machine from which the SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY value was obtained.
kernel License manager initialization fails.
kernel There is no valid license for ASE server product. Installation date is not found or installation grace period has expired. Server will not boot.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.