You notice that a different field is displayed in Code to Restrict after selecting a required field.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator work center.
- Select Code List Restrictions under general settings.
- Click New.
- Select required business object.
- Select required field under Code to Restrict.
- You can see that a different field is displayed after selecting the required field.
This issue occurs when the fields are using the same data types. Code List Restriction will consider/show the fields based on the data types. So if a field with same data type is selected then the Code to Restrict will display the first created field of same data type. Here the fields are using the same data type means that the new fields are created by reusing the previously created data types.
This is expected behaviour in Code List Restriction. It is not recommended to reuse the data types if you are planning to apply Code List Restriction on the new field.
code list restriction, CLR, field name, code to restrict, wrong field , KBA , AP-RC-UIF , C4C UI Framework , Problem