In custom MDF portlets, although you configured "Edit Attachments Only" Edit transaction in the corresponding Workflow, the workflow approve page has no "Edit" button to make approver only edit attachment field.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure a workflow and its Edit Transaction is set to "Edit Attachments Only " for a custom MDF Object
- User initiates this workflow.
- Approver navigates to his/her workflow details page, however, there is no "Edit" button to make approver only edit attachment field.
This is an expected behavior of custom MDF Object. For custom MDF Object, only support Edit with Route Change, Edit without Route Change to make approver edit initiator's MDF portlet details in workflow details page.
If the approver is required to only be able to edit "attachment" field or any other data type field:
1. Please set Respect Permission equals to YES in Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures > Workflow configuration page.
2. Please set proper corresponding MDF Object Field Level Overrides in RBP permissions to control approver can only edit several fields as business required.
2544336 - [Custom MDF] Behavior of the workflow depending on Pending Data = Yes or No.
Metadata framework, MDF, Custom MDF, workflow, Edit Attachments Only, SuccessFactors , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-WFL , Custom Object based Workflows , How To