There is a need to update labels in SAP SuccessFactors Learning, the following article will provide the steps using a "Debug" locale to identify and update existing labels.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Note : The "Debug" labels files attached is provided to assist in finding label IDs. Use this file at your discretion as it will overwrite one of your existing locale labels. It is highly advised to save a backup of the original labels of the locale you will be overwriting. This is only available in English.
Implementing Debug Locale
- Identify a locale not in use to overwrite with the debug label file.
- Access Learning Administration > References > Manage Labels > Locales.
- Validate if there are any existing locales that you will use. Proceed to the next section.
- If not, please look at KBA 2317742 - How to Enable and Disable Locales or Languages in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- After identifying/adding the locale which will be overwritten, please look at KBA 2379196 - How to Import/Export Labels in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Proceed with the export of labels of the identified locale.
- The exported text file is your backup.
- We will now proceed into creating the "Debug" locale.
- Download the attached files in this article.
- For details steps, follow KBA 2379196 - How to Import/Export Labels in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Import one file at a time.
- Import into "Both" user and admin to avoid issues.
- Check "Overwrite Existing Labels".
- Identified locale would now have the debug labels
How to use Debug Locale
- In Learning Administration go to Preferences.
- Change the "Active Locale ID" to the newly updated "Debug" locale.
- Your current interface would change to include label ID along with label value with '_' symbol in between.
- For example ‘Active Locale ID’ in English locale is displayed as ‘label.ActiveLocaleID_Active Locale ID’ in Debug locale.
- Navigate into the section that has the label that needs to be modified.
- Identify the label ID which is the section before '_' symbol.
- This label ID can be used to search to modify the label value of all locales associated to it.
- Follow KBA 2120336 - How to Modify SAP SuccessFactors Learning Labels.
2317742 - How to Enable and Disable Locales or Languages in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
2379196 - How to Import/Export Labels in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
2120336 - How to Modify SAP SuccessFactors Learning Labels
SAP, SuccessFactors, Learning, Import, Export, Locale, Locales, Debug, Troubleshooting, Find, Label, Labels, Locate, Update, Modify, Language, SF, LMS, Admin, User, Administration, Text, Screen, View, Interface, Languages , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-LAN , Language Packs & Translation , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem