- This article describes how to use Business Rules in Recruiting to convert a value from lowercase to uppercase or vice-versa.
- The same rule structure can be applied to Job Requisition, Candidate Profile, Job Application and Offer Letter.
- This rule will only be executed on the UI.
- Notice that the article intends to show the Business Rule feature capability and let the users be more familiar with the tool. The rule described can have different behaviors on different system. Please reach out to your Implementation Team and/or Partner for implement the same if you are having any issues with it.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
- Business Rules in Recruiting
Rule to convert a string value to a from lowercase to uppercase or vice-versa:
- It's possible to define this rule structure to all 4 Recruiting templates. Please, make sure to select the correct template while creating the rule.
- When selecting a template, you will only be able to work within the selected scenario. For example, if you create a Candidate Profile rule and you want to have the same on the Job Application, you must create a Job Application rule as well.
- Candidate Profile and Job Application rules are not supported when Mobile Apply is enabled. Business Rules for Mobile Apply are on road map and will be enhanced on further releases (2866437 & 2781775).
Sample Case: Converting both Candidate Profile's First Name and Last Name into an uppercase format (Since the rule isn't triggered in the initial creation page, the format will be changed in the second creation page.).
Base Object: Candidate Profile
Trigger Event: OnSave
Steps to create the rule:
- Go to Configure Business Rules and click Create New Rule.
- Select Recruiting option and choose Configure Business Rules on Candidate Profile.
- Type the Rule Name and Rule ID.
- You can leave the Start Date as it is.
- Description if desired.
- Click Continue
- On "IF" parameter, set it as "Always True", so this rule will be always be executed no mattering a condition.
- On "THEN" parameter, you will define the actions of the rule:
A. Set Candidate Profile.First Name to be equal to To Uppercase()
B. Text: Candidate Profile.First Name
The system will take the value entered in the First Name field, convert to Uppercase and place it on the First Name field, in this case the same field.
C. Click "Add Expression" and repeat the same process for the Last Name field.
D. If you need to define the value to Lowercase, you need to change the option to To Lowercase().
- Save the rule. You will be able to modify it anytime.
- Go to Manage Rules in Recruiting
- On Candidate section, set the rule on "onSave" event. Click save to apply the changes.
Business Rule; Recruiting; RCM; Candidate Profile; Job Application; Upper; Lower; Case; Lowercase; Uppercase; , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , How To