- Can I have two Labels with the same name?
- Is there any limitation on the uniqueness of the Label names?
- I get this message while trying name a Label - 'Label already exists'
Note: This article is applicable only to the new Label functionality and UI changes (Reports vs Label) introduced in the b2005 release.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Report Center
Labels are not case-sensitive. Retail and retail are considered as one label.
You can't create more than one public/private label with the same name. Private labels with the same name can exist in a tenant, provided that the labels are not created by the same user.
- Public Labels are unique across the instance - One instance cannot have two Public Labels with the same name
- Private Labels are unique per user - While two different users can have their own Private Labels coincidentally with the same name, one user cannot have two Private Labels with the same name
- Naming is distinct between Public and Private Labels - One user CAN have one Private Label and one Public Label with the same name
- As mentioned earlier, Label names are case insensitive - oneLabel, ONELABEL, onelabel and ONElabel - all of these are technically the same name hence changing the case of the names won't serve as a different name
To know more about the changes in the UI and functionality with the Label views in the b2005 release, please check the following KBA:
Report, Center, Label, name, unique, distinct, duplicate, Label already exists , B2005 , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , How To