You created a Project from a Sales Order via the Create Project button. However, the Project is not visible in the Document Flow.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Click on the New button and select Sales Order.
- Enter all required data.
- Click on the Save button.
- Click on the Create Project button.
- In the New Project window enter the details for the Project Structure, Person Responsible, Responsible Unit etc..
- Click OK.
- You receive an information message that the Project ABC has been created. You can edit it as soon as you have saved the sales order. (ABC represents the Project ID).
- Navigate to the Document Flow.
- The Project is not visible.
The Sales Order is not Released.
The action necessary for document flow completion is releasing the sales order. It has technical reasons because project itself does not “know” the sales order but is referenced to a special technical document representing a copy of sales order but belonging to Project Invoicing. This copy is created only after releasing the sales order.
You need to release the Sales Order via the Submit button and the Release Order option. The Project will then be visible in the Document Flow
Project; Document Flow; Sales Order; missing; not visible , KBA , AP-SLO-PRO , Sales order project processing , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , Problem