- Unable to get variance based on combination of versions and time periods in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- A simple bar char with a variance that shows the percentage change compared to previous period does not work if you have multiple versions
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.2.10
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a story with Bar/Column chart based on planning model containing multiple versions.
- Add the time dimension into Dimensions and then set Hierarchy Level to Level 3 to show data in month or quarter.
- Add Variance to compare measures between Current Period and Previous Period.
=> The variance will appear correctly in each data point of chart.
- Click + Add Version/Time and then pick version dimension from list in Edit Variance panel.
=> It doesn't generate the expected comparison across 'mixed' versions and 'pivot' such as FORECAST for Q1 2017 - ACTUAL for Q4 2016.
- This is limitatio of current SAC version.
- One enhancement request has been submitted in customer influence portal (https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/245516).
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, variance, version, time, date, mix, er , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Product Enhancement