When creating a New Distribution for Cost Centers, you notice that nothing is available for selection regarding the Financial Reporting Structure.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue Work Center.
- Select the View Allocation.
- Click on New and then Distribution Rule for Cost Centers.
- Fill in your criteria and select Group of G/L accounts (origin) for the field Distribution Basis.
Result: The Financial Reporting Structure field is empty and shows no items found.
This is happening because none of your current Financial Reporting Structures are of Structure Type Cost Center and Project Cost Structure.
You need to maintain a Financial Reporting Structure with Structure Type as Cost Center and Project Cost Structure.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center
- Select Overview
- Search and open the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination
- Click on Edit financial reporting structures
Result: Here you will see that none of your current Financial Reporting Structure have a Structure Type set as Cost Center and Project Cost Structure.
Therefore, if you want to have a Financial Reporting Structure available during the creation of New Distribution Rule for Cost Centers, you will have to set a Financial Reporting Structure with Structure Type as Cost Center and Project Cost Structure.
Missing Financial Reporting Structure; Empty Field , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem