When an admin deletes a question from admin center, if the question is part of a job requisition it may not appear in the job requisition details page. This behavior is better explained on article 2691072 - What is the expected behavior when an added cascading question on requisition was deleted on question library
Due to this system design, it is not possible to remove a deleted question using the application, in order to accomplish this action, you need to replace the question using an Odata Call. This article will present the required steps to perform this deletion.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
There are two ways to reproduce the issue:
- Add a cascading question on a job requisition;
- Go to Admin Center > Question libraries > then delete the cascading question;
- Go back to the job requisition then verify that the parent question does exist, however, the child question is gone;
- Add a question on a job requisition;
- Go to Admin Center > Question libraries > then delete the question;
- Go back to the job requisition listing page and make a copy of the job requisition with the deleted questions;
- The newly created job requisition will now show the question in the UI but it will show to the application information once an applicant answer to any other question;
In order to implement the steps provided on this guide, it is required Odata knowledge. If you are not familiar with this technology, you can check some articles to help to start using Odata.
1. Once you identify the affected job requisition, take not of the job requisition ID and the questions you want to remove;
2. Get all questions from affected job requisition using GET ODATA query. Below is the get query and screenshot from internal demo instance. In below requisition returned 2 questions, but only one question displayed in above Job requisition details page UI.
Second (deleted) Question:
3. Find out corrupted invisible child question details. In above screenshot the 2nd child question is the corrupted one. We can use ODATA upsert query to replace corrupted question with some dummy question like below screenshot.
4. After successful update, go to job requisition details page and delete that dummy question from UI.
2691072 - What is the expected behavior when an added cascading question on requisition was deleted on question library
Deleted, prescreening, questions, question, delete, Odata , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , How To