You created a custom Distribution Channel but this Distribution Channel cannot be selected in Product Master Data, Account Master Data or a Sales Document such as a Sales Order or Service Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will use the Service Order as an example.
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Select the Service Order Processing tab.
- Navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select the Invoicing sub tab.
- In the Organizational Assignment for Sales maintain you Sales Unit.
- Click on the drop-down list for Distribution Channel.
You cannot see the Distribution Channel Z1 (Z1 represents the Distribution Channel Code ID of you custom Distribution Channel).
There are two types of expected values for fields in the UI. "Value Only" and "Code and Value". "Code and Value" fields accept either ID, description or both. However, "Value Only" fields accept only the description. The Distribution Channel is one of these fields. If you log on to a system in a language for which the description is not maintained for the custom Distribution Channel the Distribution Channel cannot be selected as the description is not available.
You can maintain the Description of your Distribution Channel as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects tab.
- Select your implementation project and click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step
- Open the fine tuning activity Distribution Channel (ensure the activity is added to the Project via the Add to Project button).
- Select the custom Distribution Channel.
- Click on the Translate button.
- Maintain the respective source and target language and the corresponding description.
- Save you changes.
You will no be able to select the Distribution Channel when logging on to the system in the languages for which you maintained a description in the fine tuning activity.
Distribution Channel; missing; Z1; Z2; Z3; no distribution channel; not available; drop down , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , Problem