- This articles describes how to mask SSN information from Candidate's Application.
- Some customers may have a requirement to remove this information from their system.
- You can also filter the Application based on Date Applied or even update single applications.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
Make sure to perform the following steps in Stage/Preview environments before moving on to Production to avoid any unexpected changing in Production data.
If by any change, you would like only to hide the information from the users in AdHoc Report, you can follow this article for more information: 2250828 - Hiding the Social Security Number(SSN) from Ad Hoc Reports - Recruiting Management
To mask/anonymize SSN information, please follow the below steps:
- Run an Adhoc Report to pull the Job Application IDs and SSN field.
Note: Customer usually have a pre-defined period that the SSN should remain in the system, for example, after 90 days from Application creation date, the SSN should be anonymized. To pull just Job Application based on this criteria, you can filter by the Date Applied field. Please, refer to the images below, where the filter is based on all Job Application that were created before 2/10/2020.
- After completing the report, save the file in a CSV format and change the SSN column in order to mask the information, like the following example using "***":
- After saving the file, you have to upload the same to an FTP server. The integration will be using this file to update the Job Application information.
- After uploading the file, it's time to create the integration. Go to Admin Center > Integration Center.
- In Integration Center > Click Create button > Select "Schedule CSV Input Integration".
- Select the Job Application entity, like the following image:
- Provide the integration name in Options tab and go to Configure Fields tab.
- On Configure Fields tab, you will have to upload a Sample CSV field to make the necessary maps between the fields in the CSV file and the entity fields.
- First, click Upload Sample CSV and upload the file. You can use the same file you exported from the reports. Second, select Switch to Field Mapping View, represented by the following image:
- After the Sample File is displayed, you need to link the fields from the file to the entity fields. First, select the fields in the left column, find the entity field on the right column. Second, you will drag and drop the file field upon the entity field, according to the below image:
- In Preview portlet, you can check a preview from the OData request sample.
- Now, go to Source Settings and fill out all required information regarding the FTP server and the file storage.
- After completing the above information, go to Review and Run
- Click Save and Run Now to execute the integration.
- After the conclusion, you can check the status of the execution on this same screen. Check the logs on Last Run Time parameter. You will see one of the three icons next to the last execution time:
- A rex x will mean the integration fails. Click in the execution time to check the logs and be able to identify what caused the failure;
- A yellow exclamation sign means the integration concluded but with a few warning messages. Check the logs to see what are the warnings messages, most of the time the warnings messages do not cause any failure to the integration;
- A green icon means the integration runs successfully;
- After running the integration, you can run the report again and check if the information were masked successfully.
When using multi-stage application, some fields can be made required for some specific status in the pipeline, if the fields are not filled the application will not be updated due to the missing required fields.
If one record fails it will not cause the whole integration to fail, it will not update just the record with a missing required field. If just a few records do not get updated, you can enable the EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT and update those records manually. Check article 2081624 - Edit Candidate Profile Snapshot - Recruiting.
2081624 - Edit Candidate Profile Snapshot - Recruiting
2250828 - Hiding the Social Security Number(SSN) from Ad Hoc Reports - Recruiting Management
SSN; Social Security Number; Masking; Hide; , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , How To