You would like to know how to define multiple Output Channels for your Output Documents for example a Customer Invoice / Credit Memo.
SAP Business ByDesign
You can enable Multichannel for Document Output by activating the following scoping question in your solution scope: Do you want to send the process-integrated output documents via multiple output channels?
On selecting the multichannel output option, you can process the output documents via multiple output channels. Once you scope multi-channel for output generation, you cannot disable it. In the FDT configuration of the output channel selection, if you have maintained more than one channel for the same condition, all channels will be picked up in case of multichannel scenario. In case of multichannel option not scoped, first channel meeting the condition will be picked.
Adaptation for partners:
With multi-channel, the changes to the storage of channel information in communication arrangement BO (/DOC/OM_COMM_ARRANGEMENT) has been moved from ‘Root’ node to the child node – ‘CommunicationChannel’ (COMM_CHANNEL). Before the multi-channel functionality was introduced, the output channel information was stored at the root node of the communication arrangement BO, and partners used to access the root node to fetch the channel details. Once the multi-channel is scoped in the system, partners need to adapt their solution to fetch the channel information from the communication channel node than from the root node.
Since once you scope multi-channel for output generation, you cannot disable it, we would strongly recommend to test this first in a test system.
The Multichannel for Document Output can be enabled as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Project view
- Select your project and click on the Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the Questions step.
- Open the Elements under the Path: Communication and Information Exchange -> Business Process Management -> Process-Integrated Input and Output Management
- In the group Enabling Multichannel for Document Output you can activate the following question:
- Do you want to send the process-integrated output documents via multiple output channels?
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Open the respective Account.
- Navigate to the Communication tab and the Collaboration sub tab .
- Select the respective Business Document e.g. Customer Invoice / Credit Memo.
- In the section Output Channel Settings you can add multiple Output Channels via the Add-Row button.
Please Note: In the Output Channel Settings for Customer Invoice / Credit Memo of your Account Master Data of the respective Account you need to maintained the Output Channel Internal EDX in the first position. See also:
multiple output documents; multiple; output channel; Additional; E-Mail; XML; Printer , KBA , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , Problem