The following error message occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) when creating a model from live connection (SAP BPC embedded):
- You are not authorized to Create CUBE.
From system > Monitor > Trace the following error message appears:
You are not authorized to Create CUBE.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.X.X
Reproducing the Issue
- From the () Main Menu, select Create Model.
- Select Get data from a datasource > Live Data connection
- Choose a System Type
- Then select a specific live data Connection
- Select the Data Source.
- Enter the Name and Description for the new model that will be created, and click OK
→ The error message appears: You are not authorized to Create CUBE.
The user trying to create the model does not have Planning License.
Development team are working on hiding the entries: Create model & create connection (SAP BPC embedded) for users who only have BI authority.
BPC models are planning models so you need the Planning License for them.
In this help guide :
BPC does NOT figure among the features supported by License type for analytics models: for data connectivity section
However it does exist in this link:
for features supported by License Type for planning models
see: data connectivity section please.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-PLI , Planning Integration (BPC,S/4,IBP...) , Bug Filed