You would like to know how the language of the Title of the Contact in a Sales Document such as a Sales Order, Service Order or Quote determined.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will use the Service Quote as an example:
- Go to the New Business work center.
- Select the Service Quotes view.
- Open Service Quote XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Service Quote)
- In the Contact field click on the Address Details hyperlink.
- You can see that the name of the Contact in the field is displayed as Mr. Max Mustermann (Max Mustermann is an example used for the contact name).
- Click on the Preview button.
- In the Address section of the Form Template the name is also displayed as Mr. Max Mustermann.
The language of the Title of the Contact is determined by the Country of the Contact. The system uses the default language which is set up for this Country in the fine tuning activity Countries in your Business Configuration. For example if the Country of the Contacts Address is GB, the system will use English as determination for the language of the Title in the document.
This is the expected system behavior.
Title; Mr; Mrs;Ms; Language; Contact; Form Template; Address; Anrede; Sprache; Herr; Frau; Sales Order; Sales Quote; Service Order; Service Quote; Invoice , KBA , AP-RC-ADS , Address Snapshot , Problem