During migration of personnel administration data, the error message: "Assignment not valid; target object only valid from 01.01.1800 to 31.12.9999" is thrown.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Select the Overview
- Search for the Activity: Migration Of Employee Data
- Select Open
- Select the link: Migrate personnel administration data using migration tool
- Select the file and Execute Migration Step by Step
- The hire data of the employee is not included in the validity of the organizational unit the employee is assigned to.
The employee has hire date: 01.01.2020 and the org unit is valid from: 01.03.2020.
- The Job ID which is assigned to the Employee in the Migration template is limited instead of unlimited
Make sure that the validity of the org unit assigned to the employee includes the hire date of the employee.
make sure the validity of the Job ID is matching with the employee validity or vice versa
Import, migrate, unable, fails, basic employee, job, assignment , KBA , SRD-MD-BP-HCM , HCM Work Centers , Problem