- You are not able to connect to SAP HANA system;
- When you try to connect, you get one of the following error messages:
1038: rejected as server is temporarily overloaded
1038: service not available
1038: service temporarily unavailable
- On the SAP ABAP Application server, you can find the following errors in the developer trace files:
C SQLCODE : 1038
C SQLERRTEXT : rejected as server is temporarily overloaded
B ***LOG BY4=> sql error 1038 performing SEL on table ... [dbtrtab 3975]
B ***LOG BY0=> rejected as server is temporarily overloaded [dbtrtab 3975]
- You can also find ABAP dumps in ST22 transaction with similar header information:
Category Installation error
Runtime Errors DBSQL_SQL_ERROR
Short Text SQL error "SQL code: 1038" occurred while accessing table ...
What happened? Database error text: "SQL message: rejected as server is temporarily overloaded"
- You may also observe that all Dialog Work Processes are in use in transaction SM51;
- R3trans -d hangs and does not complete;
SAP HANA, platform edition 2.0
EVENT_REASON, EVENT_TYPE, QUEUE, REJECT, M_ADMISSION_CONTROL_EVENTS, admission control, timeout , KBA , HAN-DB-ENG , SAP HANA DB Engines , HAN-DB-MON , SAP HANA Monitoring , HAN-DB-PERF , SAP HANA Database Performance , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.