Clicking on the "Display" option for attributes in a report will show 4 options whereas clicking on the Show Settings option for a characteristic shows less.
- SAP Cloud For Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics.
- Go to Design Reports.
- Search for your report and run it.
- Add a characteristic and then add an attribute for that characteristic
- You then click on the settings (...) for the Attribute
- You are shown 4 options Description, Description and ID, ID and Description and ID
- This is correct behavior but the attribute field will show only what it can based on its type.
When you click on the Show Settings feature of a characteristic for example of type TEXT in a report you will only have the option to Display As: ID only.
You then you add an Attribute of that Characteristic and click on Display and it will show several options regardless of its data type.
When you click on Show Settings on a "Characteristic" (not an attribute) that is of type TEXT it will show only "ID" this is because the fields are of type TEXT and that is the only option available to that data type.
The Show Settings and Display options are each working as designed.
Show Settings will show the correct Displays as per the type of the Extension field.
The Display option for Attributes will show the 4 options regardless of the extension field type.
It is best to add extension fields to the correct data source to show the correct Display settings as a characteristic.
attribute, extension field, type, report, settings, display, ID, show settings , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem