- You upload a bank statement with a line item referring to a bank credit advice existing in the system.
- The resulting payment allocation does not allocate the statement amount to the bank advice. Instead, it allocates the amount to an existing Cash Transfer, which has the same amount.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Allocation view.
- Find the related payment allocation In Preparation. This allocation is for a bank statement created via file upload.
The payment advice's external reference is maintained in tag :61: in the bank statement file (in case of MT940) and the Payment Reference field in the bank advice is also equal to the Advice ID. Nevertheless, the bank advice is not being chosen in the payment allocation and a e.g. Cash Transfer is selected instead.
It is the current system design that self-initiated payments have a higher priority over the Foreign initiated payments.
Here, the Cash Transfer is a self-initiated payment which happens to cover the exact same amount as the payment allocation amount. Hence, the system does not search further for the Payment Advice even though the document ID is a match.
For this specific case, adjust the payment allocation by manually matching it with the concerned payment advice instead of the cash transfer.
Once the cash transfer is confirmed and/or there are no other self-initiated payments with the same amount as the payment allocation, then the automatic allocation with the bank advice works - given that the pre-requisites mentioned in KBA 2373026 are fulfilled for an automatic payment allocation posting with bank advice.
Incoming Payment Advice. Remittance Advice. Bank Credit Advice. Bank Advice. , KBA , AP-PAY-BS , Bank Statement , How To