How to execute and upsert operation on a Hyperlink field with Link Name and URL?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- If you check the field on the OData Data Dictionary you will see that the field is not a compleex type, but a simple type text (String):
- Now, we access postman application and upsert the candidate id 2981 on the field profileLink. Giving that this is a simple type field(string), the system will read arguments inside the value passed over to it:
The hyperlink value is passed to the system on the follwing format: "[LINK_NAME] URL]".
IMPORTANT: Notice that there is only a finishing bracket in the end, and not bracked opening, and that is correct.
- Subsequently accessing the profile of candidate id 2981, and checking for the field Profile Address, and the following information is visible:
- Once you hover the mouse on the value of this field, you will notice that on the bottom left corner of the screen, the following shows:
- Now, if you click on the GoogleLink, a new popup will open:
hyperlink, upsert, candidate, application, template, link, add, url, how, to, modify, via, api, OData , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , Problem