You have reverted to old posting logic and maintained the account determination for Cost of Sales. After you post goods issue, you consider that the system should be able to successfully generate the following journal entry.
Debit: Cost of Sales
Credit: Material Inventory
However, error 'Account determination group AAA: G/L acct missing for Inventories ->Gains and Losses ->Material Consumption'(AAA represents the ID of the account determination group) occurs when posting goods and activity confirmation.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Source Documents view.
- Find the Goods and Activity Confirmation document in question.
- You can see the error message 'Account determination group AAA: G/L acct missing for Inventories ->Gains and Losses ->Material Consumption'.
For Sales Ledger it is very important to understand that there is a main account where the amount is posted but we also have a Cost Element account which has to be derived for sales ledger items.
The Cost and Revenue Element also called as G/L Origin account on the UI needs to be derived from the material based on account determination group. The posting logic only affects the main G/L Account derivation.
You have not maintained anything as part of Material Consumption account from where the Cost and Revenue Element accounts is derived. Therefore, error occurs.
Please maintain G/L accounts(s) properly for Inventories ->Gains and Losses ->Material Consumption.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Search and open activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click on Inventories.
- View Gains and Losses tab.
- Maintain G/L account of Material Consumption for Account determination group AAA.
- Click on Save.
Old posting logic, Material Consumption, G/L acct missing, Cost of Sales , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem