When uploading Asset Accounting Postings error AA660 "Transaction in area & contradicts the net book value rule" is raised.
S/4 HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter the Fix Asset Accounting Postings upload section in the migration project.
- Upload/Select the file to process.
- When you reach simulation stage the error is raised.
There are two potential causes for this issue.
- Incorrectly entered data on the template that means the asset will end up with a negative value when uploaded, with the asset class not allowing negative values. For mid year legacy transfers, including current year transactions without making entries for proportional ord. depreciation is a common topic that is overlooked when populating the template. This can result in the asset NBV going negative, which the system will correctly reject.
- You have created the master data for the asset, and after this set the negative values indicator in the asset class.
- Check the data entered on the template and amend accordingly to agree with the parameters of the asset class. To test this situation, it is possible to do the postings for one asset using the individual apps for one asset on the Q system which will give a better understanding of the posting as the system will create the posting correctly for review.
- In the app Manage Fixed Assets, set the flag for negative values for these assets created prior to the asset class having the negative indicator set.
KBA , FI-AA-AA-A , Master Data , Problem