You are unable to release manual withholding tax entry due to system crash.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center.
- Go to Withholding Tax Base Amount Entries view.
- Create a new tax base entry with a transaction currency that differs from the tax country default currency.
- Click Release.
Example: Tax country of manual entry is set as Israel, whose currency is ILS, but transaction currency is maintained as USD.
In the current system logic, the withholding tax base amount cannot be posted in a currency that differs from the default currency of the tax country.
This functionality is being enhanced by development team.
For the meantime, you may apply a workaround as follows:
- Perform the currency conversion outside the system, using the maintained conversion rates in General Ledger.
- Create the Withholding tax base amount entry directly in the currency of the tax country. Considering the above example, create the manual tax entry in ILS instead of USD.
Manual Tax Entry. Withholding tax. Base Amount. WHT Base Entry. Inconsistent transaction currency. , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To