- The size of PDF file generated via Schedule Publication is much bigger than the size of PDF file when manually exported from the same SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Story.
- Schedule Publication might fail due to the large e-mail attachment.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.03 or later
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) on AWS (Cloud Foundry based)
Reproducing the Issue
- Use Schedule Publication functionality in SAC to schedule the Story and distribute it as a PDF format over e-mail to recipients
- The size of PDF file generated via Schedule Publication is much bigger than the size of PDF file when manually exported from the same SAC Story. Depending on the objects (chart, graphics, tabs) in the Story, the PDF generated during schedule could be double the size of manual export.
- As a result, Schedule Publication might fail due to the large e-mail attachment.
The maximum mail delivery size allowed per e-mail including attachment is 12MB.
Prior to SAC Wave 2020.07, PDF export during schedule is under 4k resolution (2560x1080), however in manual export, laptop where the export is happening it is on lower resolution such as 1280x720 so the size is smaller in manual export vs scheduling export. If you will try to have 4k resolution on laptop and try to export manually then the size of the manual export will be even larger.
From SAC Wave 2020.07, PDF export during schedule is changed to resolution 1920x1080 to decrease the file size.
- 2932960 - SAP Analytics Cloud - FAQ about Schedule Publications functionality for Stories and Analytic Applications
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- SAP Analytics Cloud Community
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, email, e mail, mail , KBA , sac scheduler sac kba , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , Problem