You want to know how system defines the Tax Date on Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders Work Center, Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order ABC (where ABC stands for the sSales Order)
- Click View All button
- Navigate to General tab
- You will find the Posting Date is EFG (where EFG stands for the Posting Date).
- Navigate to Items tab, Taxes sub-tab
- You will find the Tax Date is XYZ (where XYZ stands for the Tax Date).
The Tax Date is defaulted according to the Posting Date and changes as soon as you change the Posting Date.The Posting Date is by default the current date and can be changed as well.
The Tax Date can also be changed from the Taxes sub-tab under Items tab to some date other than the Posting Date and that won't affect the Posting Date but if you change the Posting Date, that will impact the Tax Date.
Tax Date is the date according to which the tax calculation will happen and can be same or different from Posting Date.
This is the designed behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system.
Tax Date, Sales Order, Posting Date , KBA , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , How To