Error Account & requires an assignment to a CO object - KI235 is raised for follow-on processes, for example Foreign currency valuation for open items - Expenses/profit from foreign currency valuation, Clearing of open items - Realized exchange rate differences etc. with regard to original document posted with business transaction 0000
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
S/4 HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- CO Characteristic defined in SSCUI 103055 - Define Document Splitting Characteristics for Controlling. Flag Transfer to Subs. Processes set.
- Supplier/Customer journal entry created with document type assigned to Business transaction 0000 - Unspecified posting (See SSCUI Define Document Types - ID 101522, which shows the Business transaction assigned to Document Type)
- Followon process carried out, for example Foreign currency valuation
- Error KI235 Account & requires an assignment to a CO object raised
The item categories are used to define the document splitting rules. Depending on the business transaction, the document splitting rules determine which items of a document the system splits and how.
Business Transaction 0000 has no rule defined to take over the accounts assignments. Business Transaction 0000 should be used where all business processes have complete account assignments and, therefore, do not need to be split.
"Inheritance of Account Assignments" transfers the account assignments which are defined as G/L split criteria.
Note: Only account assignments relevant for the balance sheet (G/L split criteria) are taken over since it is rather a fallback mechanism for the unassigned processes.
The values of the split criteria are always taken into consideration together as a combination of the account assignments.
The field values are inherited only in case the account assignment combination is unique within the complete document. That means the account assignments are being inherited if the values of the split criteria in the complete document are the same.
There is no update in the general ledger view of the CO object example Cost Center, WBS Element, Internal Order etc, in case the account in question is not an account with account type Primary Costs or Revenue.
During the rule based split (example using Business transaction 0200/0300) the CO splitting criteria prevails because in the customizing an explicit relationship is defined in the splitting rule between the lines. This means the CO object is stored internally in the open item, for example Customer/Vendor. This internal assignment of the CO object through the rule base split is then used in the followon processes
Error Account & requires an assignment to a CO object is generated in followon processes in cases where the business transaction 0000 was used in the original posting for an open item as there is no rule based split to store the CO object internally on the open item for the followon process.
- If possible reverse Journal Entry and use different document type, for Customer/Supplier Invoices use a document type with Business Transaction 0200/0300 respectively.
- See KBA 2628966 - Error: Account & requires an assignment to a CO object, for options to default CO object where it is not possible to derive CO account assignment from original posting (If Resolution point 1 not an option)
The Document Type and related Business Transactions - Document Types Used in Document Splitting
The Purpose of Business Transactions Used in Document Splitting - Business Transactions Used in Document Splitting
F107,FAGL_FCV, clearing, ki235, FAGL_SPLINFO, follow-on, followon , KBA , FI-GL-FL , Flexible Structures , FI-GL-GL-G , Closing Operations / Period-End , Problem