You want to restrict a PDI developer user from Assembling and Creating a Patch in SDK.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SDK with a developer user.
- You can see create patch/assembly option is available.
- You want to restrict this for few SDK users.
The SDK users will be able to perform assembly/create patch according to the work center assignment done to their user in the Business User- Access Rights from UI.
You have to select and give the appropriate access according to the requirements. If you want to restrict an user from creating a patch/assemble a solution then you can follow the below steps and assign the access accordingly:-
- Login to frontend UI.
- Navigate to Administrator/ Application and User Management Work center.
- Go to Business Users View and search for the user.
- Select and click on Edit-> Access Rights.
- Select the tab Work Center and View Assignments.
- Find in the available work centers and views-> PDI_PARTNER_DEVELOPMENT
- Expand and you will be able to multiple views.
- Select only PDI_DEVELOPMENT view if you want to restrict this user from creating a patch or assemble the solution.
- Save and test in SDK.
Note 1: If you assign only PDI_DEVELOPMENT view to an user, then this user will not be able to Assemble/ create patch for any solutions. They will only be able to develop(write code, create screens, etc.) if the solution status is In Development.
Note 2: If you want to give an user complete access to SDK who can assemble and create patch for solutions, then you have to assign PDI_ADMINISTRATION and PDI_DEVELOPMENT views to the user.
You can find more details in SAP Cloud Application Studio Help Document -> Assign Work Centers to the Service Agent (for Development Users section).
restriction to SDK users Restrict PDI users from changing the content in SDK Read only access to PDI users PDI access restiction in SDK for read access , KBA , access restriction for pdi users , read access to sdk users , restrict developer user from assembly , pdi_development , pdi_administrator , AP-RC-BDS-LM , ByDesign Studio Lifecycle Management , AP-RC-BDS-1O , ByDesign Studio OneOffs , How To