The drill limitation warning message below always displays in the story in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) regardless of the amount data in the story:
- The result is limited to XXX rows (YYY in total) and XX columns (YY in total). Limit your result for displaying further data or edit the drill limitation.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story with drill limitation set.
- No matter what the limitation value is set for column and row, there is always warning below displayed in the story.
The result is limited to XXX rows (YYY in total) and XX columns (YY in total). Limit your result for displaying further data or edit the drill limitation.
The only way to change the drill level is through the warning message box. So if somebody changed the drill level, the warning message box is shown regardless of the number set because otherwise the drill level could not be changed again.
(From Note 2881269 - Drill Limitation in Table)
In order to have decent performance for initial data queries we limit the result to 500 rows by 60 columns. A warning is issued when the server would return more rows or columns for the given selection and a link is offered that can be used to request more data. The warning message also indicates how many data the server would return. Thus the user can change the drill limitation in a way that all data is retrieved.
In the example the numbers used there have the following meaning:
- 500: the currently used maximum number of rows retrieved from the server
- 784: the number of rows the server would return if the limit was not imposed (by the client)
- 60: the currently used maximum number of columns retrieved from the server
- 73: the number of columns the server would return if the limit was not imposed (by the client)
Additional Information and Hint:
When the drill limitation is changed in edit mode of the story, then saving the story will also save the settings for the drill limitation (per table). This can be used to prepare the table settings for future use of viewers of the table. Thus if you know that the consumers of the story will need to look at more rows or columns than you do as a story designer, you can use this setting to allow the consumers of the table to see all data.
In order to do this temporarily increase the numbers of rows or columns being shown until the warning message is shown, create a customer drill limit that fits to the consumers needs, reset to the original state and save the story.
- 2881269 - Drill Limitation in Table
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, drill , limit, limitation, rows, limited, rows, in total, columns, further, data, result, story, model, row, column, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, stopped, tables, table , KBA , LOD-ANA-TAB , Table , Problem