This Knowledge Article addresses some questions about Logistic inquiries reported in S/4HANA Cloud Service.
S/4HANA CLOUD Service
Reproducing the Issue
- Question : System display the message "Reference Object Header Data Error: Material xxx has not been maintained" when trying to release the order item for billing. What is it missing?
Update the description of the product in the language of Sold To Party. The logic tries to read the material text first in the language of the sold-to-party. If it is not found, it tries to read it in the language of the sales organization if it differs.
Afterward, you have to update the service order and the error will be solved. In case of Service Contracts, you have to reschedule the BDR creation.
- Question : Is it possible to reuse any item category of Sales (e.g. NORM ) in Service Orders ?
SD item categories like NORM will be not included for S/4HANA Cloud for Service.
- Question : I'd like to use the same products in Sales Service and Service orders. How can I configurate my products?
Extend the Sales Organization with a new Distribution Channel "Service". Products can be extended to this Distribution Channel updating the corresponding item category for Services.
- Question : Why does system create BDRs in spite of the Accounting Indicator S1 "No billiable"?.
Accounting Indicator is only used to Control the amount billed to the customer through the condition type DAI2. .It doesn't prevent the generation of BDRs. Please check the KBA 2894476 for futher explanations.
- Question : Is Intercompany Billing supported in Service? .
Inter-company cost postings are supported for service orders and for repair orders, but Inter-company billing is not supported for the same. You can check the specific restrictions, consult the correspoding note XX-SER-REL for your version. For example, you can search with term:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud : Release Restriction NoteQuestion
you will find the information of your version.
- Question : Employee responsible is duplicated during confirmation of unplanned items. System sends the error "Too many Employee Responsible entered: remove an entry".
This is a wanted behavior. Check KBA 2867526 for futher explanation
S/4HANA Cloud Service, Logistic , KBA , CRM-S4-SRV-SVO , S4CRM: Service Order , CRM-S4-SRV-BIL , S4CRM: Billing in Service Management , CRM-S4-SRV-SCO , S4CRM: Service Confirmation , How To