One or multiple occurences of failed query calls on Photo records
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API Audit Log
Reproducing the Issue
- On Admin Tools, search for "OData API Audit Logs";
- Search for a failed Photo query log (screenshot below for reference);
- Click on the button under the HTTP Message column for more information;
- Under "Responde Header", you see "Status: 404".
Status 404 means the resource (in this case the photo) was not found. In other words, the query attempted to retrieve a photo from a portlet which doesn't contain any image file. This will happen, for instance, if an OData call is made to query the profile picture of an user which doesn't have one.
For the query to succeed, the portlet in question must contain a photo file.
- Upload an image to the portlet;
- Run the query again;
- Check the OData API Audit Log. Status of the most recently performed query should be "Success".
odata, request, status 404, api, call, picture, photo, failing, fails, unable, not able, retrieve, fetch, image, entity, SuccessFactors HTTP HXM HCM Suite , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem