- Pay Group dropdown values are blank for existing employees Compensation Information and during New Hire
- You have provided permission to Pay Group field in the Compensation Information.
SuccessFactors Employee Central - Compensation Information
Reproducing the Issue
Scenario 1 -
- Go to Existing Employee Profiles
- Navigate to Compensation Information
- Look out for the field "Pay Group", the dropdown values are blank
Scenario 2 -
- Go to New Hire screen / Manage Pending Hires screen
- Fill all the initial Information and reach till Compensation Information
- The Pay Group values dropdown is empty
The issue appears due to Missing Permissions. Permission to the field "Pay Group" field in Compensation is not enough to show the dropdown values
- Navigate to Object "Pay Group" in "Configure Object Definition".
- Check if the this object is Secured. If "Secured" is set to YES, Check the Permissions Category.
- Once you have the Permission Category, go to "Manage Permission Roles".
- Open the role who should have access to "Pay Group" field dropdown values in Compensation Information.
- In the attached screenshot in my demo instance, I have Permission Category assigned as "MDF Foundation Object". Assign at least VIEW permission to this object for the dropdown values to appear.
- Once the above permissions are assigned, you should be able to see the dropdown values in Pay Group field.
- If the Secured is set to NO in Configure Object Definition, you do not have to assign any permissions to the object and issue could be something different than explained in the KBA.
Pay, Group, Blank, Empty, Compensation, Dropdown, Values, MDF, Permission , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , Problem
|Pay Group Missing Permission.jpg|