Executing a Data Action prompt to a tab in a story that contains only charts does not activate the "Publish" button when executing a data action that updates data.
It is necessary to go to a tab with a table on it for the Publish icon to be active.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.02
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story tab that contains only charts
- Add a Data Action prompt that executes a data action that updates data
- Attempt to publish the data in the tab. The "Publish" icon will remain grey and inactive even though the version is shown as in edit mode in version management
This is a current limitation of the product. We will look into resolving this limitation in a future release.
At the moment the only solution is to create a table with no visible rows and columns and minimize it.
To prevent performance and visual impact of this workaround, you can set the filters for this table to exclude all data in the table and you could resize the widget to a very small size.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem