- A timeslice error together with a stack trace is reported in the ASE errorlog when a primary ASE is shutdown with nowait:
Shutdown started by user 'sa'. SQL text: shutdown with nowait
Shutdown with nowait detected - ASE process level execution bindings will be cleared on startup.
timeslice -501, current process infected at 0x7ffff60a492e ((null)+0xf60a492e)
- The stack trace includes functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- A RSNAP_SPIN spinlock is left unreleased by a spid with a timeslice error:
Spinlocks held by kpid 6094895
Spinlock RSNAP_SPIN at address 0x0000000145eb5180 owned by 6094895
- ASE server may hang.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
CR819045, CR#819045, 819045, time-slice, LLVMShutdown , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.